Can I come to a meeting and see if it's for me?
What if I'm not a university graduate?
Member: A woman is eligible who is a resident of Canada and who has:
- Earned a degree, diploma or equivalent qualification from an institution of higher education; or
- Been accepted for a masters or doctoral program at a recognized tertiary institution; or
- Earned a professional designation or qualification that currently requires a degree, diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A woman who does not meet these criteria but supports the purposes of CFUW is also eligible for membership in the Club.
Student Member: A woman who is a full-time student at an institution of higher education.
- A student member is entitled to all the privileges and responsibilities of a CFUW members
- Student members pay 50% of CFUW national dues.
Dual Member: A Dual Member is a member who holds membership in more than one CFUW club.
- She pays CFUW national per-capita dues to only one CFUW club.
- A Dual Member may cast votes on National matters only in the CFUW club where she pays her CFUW per-capita dues.
Do I have to join in September, at the beginning of the season?
Join any time. Join as soon as you know that this is going to be a great monthly focus in your life!
How do I start?
How much does it cost?
- Members - $110
- Dual Members (with another CFUW Club) - $40
- Students - $55
- Partial Year Membership - $65
What else do I need to know?
The fees, go to our own operating costs, and also to our national organization, Canadian Federation of University Women, which lobbies for women's rights and the human condition here in Canada and abroad, as well as to CFUW Ontario Council which coordinates and resources the fifty plus Ontario chapters of CFUW.