Kate Crozier, Community Justice Initatives’ Stride Program Coordinator, will talk about the history of women’s correctional services in Canada; the influence of indigenous practices in the development of holistic, women-based principles; reintegration support for women leaving prison through the Stride and Circles programs; Fresh Start Creations; and the educational opportunities of Walls to Bridges.
"I do want to thank everyone involved in the organization of the lovely welcome for new members on Tuesday evening. It was a perfect combination of relaxed social get-together (delicious foods and drinks) and education about the CFUW and its needs and achievements.
I have never joined a group with such a warm atmosphere at the start! That could be because I have never joined a women’s group before.
I am looking forward to many interesting meetings"
Comment from a New Member
Would you like to:
- network with other women while having fun
- expand your interests as a member in numerous interest groups
- hear speakers on current issues
- get involved in your community
- advocate on important current issues
- support young women in Post Secondary education
- be part of a women's organization with national and international
affiliations and conferences
- participate in encouraging conversation and debate
around books and issues
And most of all.......make new friends..... so join now!